Love live music, craft beer, local food and the great (urban) outdoors?
WFI created Wichita Vortex Music Festival for you.
Enjoy an evening line-up of Americana, alt-country, classic bluegrass and thrash grass in the shadow of Blackbear Bosin’s Keeper of the Plains, one of Wichita’s most iconic locations. Concert passes can be purchased alone, or book a campsite and snuggle in for the night. Insomniacs can enjoy a midnight movie and other fun under the stars. Jump-start your morning on Saturday with all-you-can-eat pancakes and Western swing while you pack up camp.
DATE & LOCATION:
• Music begins at 4:10 p.m., Friday, Aug. 4 with overnight camping available and a pancake breakfast and music, starting at 9 a.m., Saturday, Aug. 5.
• The event takes place on and adjacent to the grounds of the Mid-America All-Indian Center, 650 N. Seneca in Wichita, Kansas.
Friday, Aug. 4
Vortex Main Stage
4:10 PM Moreland & Arbuckle
5:20 PM Lindi Ortega
6:50 PM Carrie Nation & The Speakeasy
8:20 PM Pokey LaFarge
9:45 PM Dwight Yoakam
3:15 PM Bailey Kate & The Running Late
4:30 PM Urban Pioneers
5:45 PM Haymakers
7:00 PM Julian Davis & The Hayburners
8:15 PM Fast Food Junkies
9:30 PM Open Mic
12:00 AM Jam Session
Saturday, Aug. 5
Vortex Main Stage
9 a.m.: Cherokee Maidens
• Live music on two stages, one in the concert area and one in the campground area
• Urban camping for tent and RV campers
• Local craft beers
• Food truck rally
• Water balloon fights, watermelon-eating contest, hula-hooping, flamingo toss and other lawn games.
• Midnight movie under the stars
• Late night activities, including glow-in-the-dark horseshoes and more
Friday, Aug. 4
10 a.m.: Campground check-in and set-up begins
3-9 p.m.: Live music on the Campground Stage
4 p.m.: Concert grounds open
4:10 p.m. - 11:30 p.m.: Live music on the Main Stage
9 p.m. – 12 a.m.: Open Mic on the Campground Stage
12 a.m.: Midnight Movie
Saturday, Aug. 5
9-11 a.m.: Pancake Breakfast
9-11 a.m.: Cherokee Maidens
11 a.m. to Noon: Pack Up & Head Out
Food Truck Rally
5 -11 p.m. in the parking lot of the Mid-America All-Indian Center
The Big Apple
The Kamayan Truck
Little Lion Ice Cream
LumpiaPalooza Food Truck
The Big Lemon: Lemonade Stand
4-Midnight on the festival grounds
MAP & LOCATION
Wichita Vortex Music Festival will blossom between the Mid-America All-American Indian Center and Blackbear Bosin’s Keeper of the Plains, at the confluence of the Arkansas and Little Arkansas rivers.
• The main festival entrance is located between the Mid-America All-Indian Center and the Festival Grounds.
• Food Trucks will park in the lot directly south and west of the Mid-America All-Indian Center.
• Festival Parking is across Seneca to the west. Enter via Museum Boulevard.
• Campgrounds are just north of the northwest end of the Keeper of the Plains Bridge.
• Mainstage is located on the Festival Grounds.
• Campground Stage is located in the Campground.
$85 PROCRASTINATOR’S FESTIVAL PASS
Includes concert from 4:10 p.m. - 11:30 p.m. to midnight, Friday, and late night activities, including Midnight Movie.
$100 VORTEX VIP FESTIVAL PASS
Includes up-front VIP area, direct bar access, and late night activities, including Midnight Movie.
Camping Rules & Info
• No outside food, drink or coolers will be allowed in the mainstage concert area. Food and drink purchased from the Vortex Food Truck Rally will be allowed in. (Campers may bring food, drink and coolers into the camping areas only.)
• Attendees can bring in an empty, refillable water bottle. A water refill station will be available in the mainstage concert area.
• No pets are allowed, except in RVs.
• Lawn chairs and blankets are allowed. Seating will be provided for VIPs.
• There are no age restrictions. Children five and younger are admitted free.
• Wristbands are required for entry to festival areas. Attendees may leave, but must have wristband to reenter.
• Attendee parking is in the lot directly west of the Mid-America All-Indian Center on the west side of Seneca.
• Handicapped parking is available in the parking lot of the Mid-America All-Indian Center
• The Food Truck Rally takes place from 5-11 p.m., Friday, Aug. 4 in the parking lot of the Mid-America All-Indian Center. No ticket is required for entry into the Food Truck Rally.
• Friday festival passes, VIP passes, camping passes and breakfast passes are sold separately.
• There are two entry gates: 1. Around the corner to the south of the Mid-America All-Indian Center via the parking lot and 2. Adjacent to the Keeper of the Plains Plaza.
• Tent campsites are 20’ by 20’.
• No more than four people can occupy a tent campsite.
• Only tent camping (or sleeping under the stars) will be allowed in the Tent Campground.
• No vehicles will be allowed in the tent campground. This includes motorcycles and scooters.
• Coolers and packs will be allowed in the Tent Campground.
• Outside food and beverage will not be allowed in the festival area and must remain in the campground areas.
• No generators are allowed in the Tent Campground.
• A total of 50 tent camping passes are available.
• The $50 fee gives up to four people access to the secured camping area, entertainment on the Campground Stage, midnight bratwurst feed, and breakfast and live music on Saturday morning.
• RV size restriction: 40’ maximum length
• RV camping will be located in the south Exploration Place lot.
• There are no water or electricity hook-ups available.
• Coolers and packs will be allowed in the Camper/RV Camping area.
• Outside food and beverage will not be allowed in the festival area.
• Generators will be allowed in the RV camping area.
• No fires will be allowed in camping areas or on the festivals grounds.
• A total of 25 RV/Camper spaces are available for $50 per spot, and include breakfast for up to four on Saturday morning.